Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day


I think Alex really enjoyed his first Father's Day. Perry woke Alex up on Sunday morning and gave him a little present, a cute book called "Just Like Daddy". I hope it will become one of Perry's favorite books for him and his Daddy to read! I suggested that we have breakfast at Another Broken Egg, to which Alex happily agreed. We don't normally go out to breakfast, so it was a fun and spontaneous way to celebrate. Thankfully we got there when we did because the entire city of Shreveport arrived shortly after us! Alex had to go to church alone because Perry desperately needed a good morning nap. I dropped Perry off at my mom's around noon, and headed downtown to the Shreveport Club to meet Alex and my dad's family for lunch. Nonnie treated us all to a fabulous lunch at the club and although Alex and I had a rather heavy breakfast, we didn't let that stop us from having another delicious meal! Alex was able to take a good afternoon nap before heading out for a church meeting that evening. Basically, Alex's first Father's Day consisted of family, food, a nap, a book and church. If you asked Alex to list his top 5 favorite things, I bet he would list those things. I will stop feeling bad for not doing something more special...he got everything he would have ever wanted! Perry is very blessed to have such an amazing father and it's evident that he loves his Daddy a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment