Thursday, March 28, 2013

Treading Water

I feel like I've barely had my head above water recently. Both kids were sick (Perry with virus and mild ear infection; Mills with flu and bad ear infection) for nearly 2 weeks. We've been inside a lot and not going anywhere. It makes for very long and boring days filled with dispensing meds, wiping noses, managing meltdowns, preparing meals that don't get eaten, and entertaining sick kids. I'm really glad we are getting back to normal! However, normal for us has actually been way too busy lately. One small contributing factor has been that Perry started Swim School. Now, on our formerly open Monday mornings, we pack up and head to The Swim School. It's a fun outing though. I'm hoping that Perry will get more comfortable in the water. Right now, he's too scared to go under or jump in without some force. He's always been cautious, so this doesn't come as a surprise. I know he'll be "treading water" before too long!
two sick boys watching a video

No comments:

Post a Comment