Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mills 18 Months

Mills is a BUSY 18 month old! Gone are the days when I could get things done while the boys were awake. It seems like there's always something going on or someone who needs me...which explains the lack of blogging! Here are some things about our baby boy at 18 months:
He's still a sweet snuggler and still loves his mama a lot :-) He wants to do everything like big brother, which means they are either having fun playing or fighting over toys. So far, Mills is not a picky eater and loves to feed himself. He's talking more and more each day. He says "Mama", "Gaga" or "Dada" for Daddy, and "Ma Ma" for Mae Mae, as well as a short list of other words. He likes to imitate sounds for various animals. They all kind of sound the same, except he's got a mean roar for lion, tiger and dinosaur. He's interested in learning  to identify eyes, ears, nose, etc. Mills has an adventurous streak and I can tell he's going to keep us on our toes. If I tell him to stop, a lot of times he gives me a smile and takes off in the opposite direction. I know that's very typical, but Perry just wasn't like that, so things like this are new and funny to us. And while I'm speaking of this "wild streak", I should mention that Mills has officially been in trouble with the law. I'm not kidding! While we were in Denton, he called 911 from Cheetah and Papou's house phone. When I saw that he had the phone I took it from him and hung it up (I looked at the screen and didn't see that he had pressed any numbers). Seconds later a call came though with an "Unknown" number, so we ignored the call. Minutes later, a cop showed up claiming there had been a 911 hang up and that he needed to check out the house. Oh Em Gee! 18 months old, and 2 calls to 911 so far. It's like he knows he's being bad, but pulls the "I'm only 18 months old, they'll never accuse me of being calculated" card. He still strips his shirts off (sometimes just one sleeve, other times both) every time he's in his bed. It's the craziest but most normal thing. I think he weighs about 24 pounds, but I could be off on that. The past several months have been marked by being sick. Flu, ear infection, and many viruses have kept us at home a lot!
 onesie shirt off after nap
 one sleeve off, hands in diaper during nap
 devouring broccoli...his absolute favorite food 
 silly face
 reading a book
 love this sweet face in my lap



No comments:

Post a Comment