Thursday, June 13, 2013

Austin, TX

In early May, Alex and I took a five day trip to Austin, Texas. I've been wanting to go to Austin for a long while, so Alex planned the trip to celebrate our anniversary (six years on May 26th). We soaked up all that we could while there--exploring downtown, South Congress area, food trucks, amazing food (Uchi was unreal!), night life, Whole Foods headquarters, Hill Country, and kayaking. Here are just a few highlight pictures:
the most amazing doughnut at Gourdough's
heading out to dinner
We stayed at The Driskill Hotel. A beautiful, historic downtown hotel.
Dinner at Guero's with the LaBordes

Kayaking with LaBordes
We took a day trip to Fredricksburg and drove around the Hill Country. It was a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. I was glad that we saw some great wildflowers too.




We searched out Cooper's (in Llano, TX) on our Hill Country journey. They have a pretty good reputation in the world of bar-b-que.
You may notice me wearing the same blazer in most every pic. Well, I packed for warm May weather, however, there was an extreme cold front that came through unexpectedly the day we arrived. Alex and I both had to purchase new jackets in order to survive the chill; and I wore mine almost all day every day.
There is just way too much I could say about our trip. I recorded our happenings and it totaled three pages. It was truly an unforgettable time!

No comments:

Post a Comment