Monday, November 24, 2014

James 4 months

I can't believe James is 4 months old. Not much new is going with him this month. He still smiles, talks, and laughs a lot. He has a really sweet temperament and is usually pretty laid back. He is getting close to rolling over, but hasn't rolled yet. This month he has started sitting upright in the bumbo and jumperoo and is really enjoying it. I think he's even teething right now...we'll see. He always has his fingers in his mouth, usually gagging himself. The "wandering hand" has emerged. This is a term for what babies often do while nursing (and all of mine have). James loves to move his arm all over while he's nursing--he'll grab my shirt, rub my chest, or hold my hand. I just love how much bonding goes on with breastfeeding. He's not sleeping as well as I would expect, but I know we'll get there. He just likes that 4am feeding a lot. Some nights he doesn't wake at all, but most nights he does. We will start working on eliminating that feeding soon. At his check up this month he weighed 14 pounds and was 25 1/2 inches (definitely our longest baby). We are all SO in love with our sweet baby James.



 Everyone loves his spikey hair

 a Mommy and James selfie



No comments:

Post a Comment