Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lake Ouachita

My dad and Sheila rented a nice cabin at Lake Ouachita and invited us to come up for a little getaway. It just so happened that they had the cabin the week of Alex's birthday, so we decided to make it Alex's birthday trip. I was really looking forward to it because I hadn't been to Lake Ouachita in years and Alex had never been to the area. We had a great time hanging out around the cabin, but mostly enjoyed our time on the beautiful lake. The only bad part of the trip was when a dog came on our porch and devoured three of the four prime fillets my dad had grilled for Alex's birthday celebration. That dog had a $50 meal! It was really not funny at the time, but we had to laugh to keep from getting too mad.


This lasted about 10 seconds before Perry was back in the boat. I don't blame him...those infant life vests are not comfortable!


Why is it so hard to get a good family picture?

These next shots are from when we went to this old country barbecue place. They had lots of antique/rustic decor, so I decided to turn it into a photo op.
Cute boys!

1 comment: