Monday, August 30, 2010

Fab Four and More

Last week Perry and I went to Baton Rouge for a little reunion with some of my best friends. This was the first time that all 4 of the Fab Four have been together since our babies were born! This was also the first time for me to meet little Ella and baby James. It was certainly a busy and exhausting week (traveling alone with Perry had its challenges), but soooooooo worth it! I just can't explain how special it was being with such dear friends. I'm so blessed to have these friends who love, teach, convict and encourage me. Along with the Fab Four girls, I was able to see many other great friends, some of whom also had new babies for me to meet! Seriously, how much better could this get? I kept pinching myself to make sure it wasn't all a big dream.
Here are Perry, Mary Stewart and James on our drive to Zachary to meet Katharine and Ella for lunch and a swim. This little road trip was just like the old days, but yet SO different when you add 3 babies to the mix. 
The Fab Four!!!
Virginia and James (6 weeks), Ashley and Mary Stewart (10 months), Katharine and Ella (7 months), Me and Perry (10 months)
Perry and I met Lindsey at CC's for a visit during her lunch break. I love this picture!
It was so fun to see Mary Stewart and Perry play together. They would first observe one another closely and then break out the squeals and babbling. Ashley and I kept wondering what they might be thinking/saying! Mostly, they just followed each other around and had fun doing so!
Baby train...

One night we got a group of girls together for dinner/night out at the new La Carreta. The weather was actually nice, so we were able to sit outside...a rarity for a summer night. We had a great time visiting, laughing, and taking trips down memory lane. Amy, we missed you!
Here is the group:
top: Meredith, Holly, Mauree, Virginia, Katharine
bottom: Kim, Ashley, Lindsey, Me
1-2-3-Tortilla!!!
Baby James, Ella, and Perry had a playdate with our friend, Claire Meyer's, little girl Liz. It was so good to see Claire. Sadly, I just realized I didn't get a picture with her. 
Mauree also stopped by with her sweet and tiny baby Christopher. We were so honored that she brought Christopher over as this was only the 4th place he had been in his life. The other 3 were the hospital, home, and the doctor's office! 
Here is sweet baby James and Virginia
These are our gracious hosts, Holly and Elliot. They were very sweet to open their home to us and tolerate life with a baby for the week. Perry wasn't on his best behavior (I think he was frustrated with hearing "no" so much), but he did sleep wonderfully! Praise the Lord!
Oh, I can't forget to thank Eliza Louise for being such a great host too! She wasn't as fond of Perry as her parents were, but she was always nice to him.
A big thanks to all my beloved friends for making this trip such a special time for me and Perry. He simply couldn't stop babbling on the way home and I think he was telling me about all the fun he had. I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment