Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scars are cool...Right?

Perry got his first boo boo yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't exactly know what happened because I was in the kitchen working on dinner. When I heard his cries, I ran to find him sitting by the fireplace with his hand over his left eye. I was almost scared to pull his hand away, but when I did, I saw the injury was on his eyelid. It was red and swollen and there was a laceration. I was so sad because I could tell he was in a significant amount of pain. I immediately took him to get lovie/paci and amazingly he calmed down! Praise the Lord for that lovie...it brings him so much comfort. I cleaned his skin as best as I could without making him more upset and called my mom to come over in case I needed to take him to the doctor. After talking to one of my PA friends, I decided to stay home. It's interesting how something so minor (minor, in the scheme of injuries) can seem so scary when it's your child. As far as what happened, I think Perry was doing his infamous head-banging move and inadvertently hit the fireplace. I really don't like knowing he is in pain, so I hope he never ever hurts himself again! A mother can hope, right? As far as the scar goes, I'm sure he will have one, but I'm thankful he is a boy and will probably think it's cool.

1 comment:

  1. poor perry! he's such a perfect combination of you and alex! Love ya'll!
    Amy B.

    ReplyDelete