Sunday, July 17, 2011

Celebrations

Since I've been in the hospital, we have had several special occasions to celebrate. First was Father's Day. Alex picked up a pizza on Sunday evening and we had family night in my room. Thankfully, Alex had already received his new golf shoes, so I didn't have to worry about a gift. I am convinced that he would win Father of the Year this year for everything he is doing while I am in the hospital. He has been taking excellent care of me and Perry--tending to our small, but numerous, everyday needs--making daily trips to the hospital, doing all the grocery shopping, preparing meals and bringing food up to me, juggling all the household chores, and working full time on top of it all. It's definitely not always easy, but he has been such a wonderful father and husband. One thing about me being in the hospital is that Alex has become Perry's primary caregiver. "Dada" is Perry's favorite person and the one he goes to for everything. It's really sweet to see the bond they are developing. Here is Perry with his Dada on Father's Day.
Next, we celebrated Alex's 27th birthday. It was a very low-key celebration. He actually had to leave town on his birthday, so we celebrated the night before with dinner and a piece of hospital lemon meringue pie. Perry and I sang "Happy Birthday" to him and we had a sweet evening as a family.
A couple weeks later we had another birthday to celebrate, but I'm going to cover that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment