Monday, April 9, 2012

6 months old


How is it possible that my baby is 6 months old? This past month was busy for all of us, but especially Mills, as he was busy growing up and accomplishing many new milestones. I'll start with the most exciting news...he started sleeping through the night with out a dream feed! I had been contemplating dropping this feeding, but wasn't sure if he was ready. Well, one night (around 5 1/2 months) I decided not to wake him and he slept all night until 7:30. He did it the following nights as well. I love that I can crawl into bed a little earlier now. He also dropped his 4th nap. Our schedule has shifted around a little bit because of that. We are nursing 5 times/day--approximate times are 7:30, 10:45, 2:00, 5:00, and 7:00. I just introduced solids a few days ago. He has really liked his rice cereal and banana mixture. We will be testing out other new foods in the coming weeks. Another big milestone is that Mills rolled from his back to tummy for the first time this past month. I was excited that I saw him do it for the very first time. It really is bittersweet though. I just keep thinking, "How is this possible?" We went to the doctor last week and he weighed 15 lbs 14 oz and was 25 3/4 inches. Mills took his first beach trip this month. We confirmed that he definitely doesn't sleep well in his car seat...not the best scenario for a 9.5 hour drive :-) but while we were there, he was an absolute angel. He is getting very jumpy and squirmy when sitting in my lap. It won't be long before he becomes mobile...I'm definitely not ready for that! I know I say this all the time, but Mills is such a sweet boy! I think I kiss him 100 times a day!



 Right after he rolled over for the first time
 What do you do when you're bored and tired after being in the car 9 hours? Chew your toes, of course!
We got to see "H" this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment