Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Day

"Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia! Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia! Raise your voice and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!"
I had that song in my head all day on Easter. What a wonderful and amazing thing it is that we celebrate on Easter Sunday! This Easter was particularly meaningful, as we were able to talk to Perry about the Resurrection story. He was especially intrigued at how the rock outside Jesus' tomb was moved away and how Mary was so surprised to find Jesus alive. I look forward to sharing more about the meaning of Easter in the years to come. 
On Sunday morning the boys were excited to find their baskets filled with goodies. Perry has been obsessed with playing the guitar with any object he could find, so I set out to find him the perfect toy guitar. It was a big hit! That guitar has not left his sight for the past couple days.


We got the boys dressed in their church clothes and headed outside for some pictures. I love dressing up for Easter! Perry looked SO sweet and handsome.


Millsie looked precious too...
And we actually got some pictures of them together. Seeing my two little loves together makes my heart nearly explode!

We had a delicious lunch at my mom's house. After Perry's nap, he got more presents and hunted for eggs at Mae Mae's house. When he found the first egg, he said "Yum Yum". I had to explain that these eggs didn't have candy in them; they had money. As he continued to find eggs, he would shake them and if he heard coins, he would say "No Yum Yum". I know one day he will be excited to get money, but for now, nothing makes him happier than the thought of a candy treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment