Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Perry 3 years

I've neglected to post about Perry for the past several months. There is so much happening with our big boy, mainly in the way of language. I wish I could remember every funny and interesting thing he has said. He is talking SO MUCH more now days and it's such a joy to hear what's on his mind...most of the time. We've definitely heard some interesting commands and complaints that I could do without.
Some of my favorite quotes and things that come to mind are:
-He sometimes refers to himself by name. "Oh no, Perry Burke made a mess". He's not doing that as much anymore.
-He's learning so much at Bible Study Fellowship. He told me, "Adam ate the fruit and play hide and seek with God and Adam obey (probably meant "disobey") God". "God help Noah build a boat".
-If we interrupt or are not paying enough attention to him, he'll say, "No, no, no, no, stop, wait a sec..." and then proceed to say whatever is on his mind.
-"Oh my, oh dear, what happened?"
-"I sit right here, and you sit right there, and I talk to you"
-"No, I need do that by e-self" That's a big one these days! He wants to do almost everything by himself...such a big boy!
-"I neeeeeeeed two candy corn" or "I neeeeeeed two jelly bean". He always asks for his treats in twos.
-Sadly, he's calling Mills, "Mills", instead of "baby Mills". We hear a lot of "No, Mills, that MY choo choo".
-When he does something praise worthy (usually pooping on the potty) he'll say "I really, really proud of you!" or "Momma really, really proud of me!"
-As he pushes a buggy or walks around the grocery store with me, he says "Oh, excuse me" to everyone with a big smile on his face. It's one of the cutest things ever!
-He's been saying "Oh, sorry" all the time to us, even when it's not warranted, and if something happens, he'll say "it's all my fault", even when it wasn't! It makes me so sad to hear these things, so I always reassure him that he isn't responsible and explain what happened. I think he's mostly just saying something that sounds appropriate in an effort to sound mature :-)
My all-time favorite quote:
"Oh, I know! Momma feed (baby) Mills and Perry Burke watch a show! That's fun too!" This was probably his first long sentence. It has become a common thing to hear and he always says it with great enthusiasm like it's the grandest idea. He would watch TV all day if I let him.
Other things:
Perry is a total potty champ and has been for a while now. He wears a diaper at night and stays dry most of the time.
He's growing! Everyone has been commenting on how much taller he is and I agree!
Perry is getting into action figures and super heroes. I honestly thought this wouldn't happen with my little boy, but I'm learning that it's just instinctual. Even the cute little cow we got at chick-fil-a was re-named "Super cow to the rescue".
Perry likes to put his Crocs on all by himself now. Even if he's struggling, he does NOT want anyone to help him.
Looking cute on school picture day







No comments:

Post a Comment