Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mills is 2

How is my baby 2 years old?!?! It really did happen so fast! Mills is such a sweet little guy. He does, however, have more of an attitude now that he's two. If he doesn't like something that's going on, he'll hit you, throw something down, or just run away in a screaming fit. Where did this come from? Welcome to the "terrible twos", I guess. Despite all that, he's still my little love bug. He makes us laugh a good bit, and he loves belly laughing along with us. Perry can get the best giggles out of him. Mills has such a kind heart--when he sees Perry having a fit over something, Mills will often try to fix the problem by giving up whatever he has that Perry wants. I mean, how many of US actually feel like doing that? I think I could learn a thing or two from my two year old! As far as development goes, Mills has continued to be a master of fine motor skills--feeding himself with fork and spoon, working puzzles or other games, building blocks. He's still not talking much, but his vocabulary is growing, and I'm confident that with time (and a little work) he'll catch up. His favorite thing to do is to read books. I think he would sit for hours if I was reading to him. He also loves being outside, playing with cars/trains, and he loves dogs (but is allergic to them). Food allergies are still a big issue. He eats a pretty healthy diet, but I'm always concerned he's not getting enough fat and calories for a growing boy. Maybe he's just prone to being a skinny guy like his Daddy. He has started enjoying having Daddy put him to bed. They have a silly and special bed time routine that I know nothing about, but that Mills really enjoys. However, for the record, Mills is still very much a Mamma's boy. I do love it!
On Mills' birthday, I made his favorite breakfast--allergy-friendly pancakes. Since Alex was out of town, Perry was my right-hand man. We prepared Mills' special plate and sang "Happy Birthday".
 He sees something he likes!

 some birthday love from big brother
While Perry was at school that morning, I took Mills to the toy store to pick out a couple small things as a special treat. Mae Mae took us to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Mills didn't nap that day (the first time in his life to do that!), so it was a quick dinner and early bedtime. The following night we wanted to celebrate with Daddy, so we went to The Frozen Frog for some sherbet/frozen yogurt.
 We sang and lit another candle so Daddy could participate.
 Afterwards, Mae Mae came over and brought Mills a present.

A shopping cart!
We will celebrate again at the end of the month with a joint party for the boys.
Happy Birthday, Mills! Your two years of life have brought everyone around you so much joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment