Monday, July 7, 2014

Alex turns 30!

What do you do when your husband's 30th birthday is 3 days before your due date? Well, in my case, pretty much nothing! I just knew if I planned something big and special I would go into labor before the event. Thankfully we were able to make Alex feel special on his big day. It was a Saturday, so I made sure to keep the boys quiet in the morning so that Alex could sleep late...and he did! We had a normal day with the kids, and since Alex has been a super strict health nut, he didn't even want a special treat. The boys were dying for something though, and the chance to sing Happy Birthday, so I pulled out some muffin "cupcakes" for them as our celebration.
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
That evening we went out to dinner with Travis and Anna. We started off meeting at Superior Steakhouse for appetizers and drinks (and that's when my "false labor" contractions started--like every 5-10 mins for the next 2 hours). I was timing contractions on a Steakhouse cocktail napkin, ha! Since they weren't getting too strong, we carried on with our evening and headed to Bella Fresca for dinner. We always love going there! It was a great night out with friends, but I had to cut it short (no dessert) because I was certain we were going to have to go to the hospital that night. Once we got home and I laid down, the contractions stopped. I hated that the ordeal compromised our time, but Alex assured me that it only added to the excitement. 
heading out for the night
Travis and Alex
My YOUNG husband! 
Alex--The boys and I love you so much and are thankful to God for your 30 years of life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment