Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter time

Our Easter was great for many reasons. First and foremost, because we were able to reflect on and celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We are so privileged to have a Savior who would die a horrible death in order to redeem sinners like you and me! The weekend also allowed for a lot of family time. Alex was off work on Friday so he piddled in the yard (his new favorite pastime) and played with Perry. My sister, Helen, was in town from Colorado and we greatly cherished our time with her. We really wish she lived closer or was able to visit more often! We also spent quality time with each of my parents and even got a visit from some of our favorite friends, the Laborde's. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Easter bunny! He came to our house and left a few goodies for Perry and also visited my mom's house where he was very generous to Perry and even remembered Alex and me. Although egg hunts and gifts are not the reason we look forward to Easter, these cultural traditions are a way to enjoy the rebirth of Spring. Perry's Easter basket was made with love by yours truly (with the help of my talented friend, Chelsey) so please observe and admire.

Helen and Perry...she hardly let him out of arm's reach all weekend :-)

Jack and Carol LaBorde 
They brought Perry the cute stuffed bunny you see in his Easter basket.

All dressed up for church

He's a smart boy! Already going after the candy. 
Don't worry, I didn't actually let him have that Reese's. It was for me!

Perry was a little sleepy Sunday morning and was not showing off his smile, but he was still as cute as ever!


Family picture
Alex is not going to like me for putting this up, but it's the only picture with the three of us.

Helen and Dad with little P

Saying Goodbye!

3 comments: