Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yard Work

If you've been reading this blog, you've heard me mention "yard work" quite a bit lately. Well, I thought it would be appropriate to show you what a great job Alex is doing with the yard. He has done the obvious, mowed, edged and raked, but has also spent countless hours cleaning out the beds, cleaning out the beds, have I mentioned cleaning out the beds? laying new mulch, hauling and distributing crushed granite for the flagstone walkway, cutting back dead plants and nurturing new growth. I'm so proud of him and very thankful he enjoys doing this.

























Check out the huge hydrangea plants in the next picture...they are going to be beautiful once they bloom!


























Knock-out roses in full bloom

And what does a guy do after a long, hard day's work?













Crawfish and beer, of course!

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is, when I was a kid I loved playing outside among the plants and animals anyway. Now that I'm grown, it's still one of my favorite things to do. Hauling mulch and gravel on a Saturday morning, drinking coffee before I dig up buried stones, playing with powerful lawn equipment, catching rabbits, feeding birds, and drinking some cold beer at the end of it all...I'm fortunate to have all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Good job, Alex! I'm proud of little Perry too for being an avocado lover! He needs to teach Naomi to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, your yard & outdoor space is beautiful! i bet you are loving in--hard work well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work Alex!! You have beautiful landscaping. It tickles me how much you & Jonathan are enjoying yard work. Not sure you were so thrilled with it when you guys were growing up!! tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete