Friday, February 10, 2012

Cheetah's Visit

Blanche (Cheetah) was here this week from Sunday to Thursday...and thank God (seriously) she came when she did since Perry ended up getting sick with RSV. It was so nice to have an extra person around the house to help out and look after the boys as needed. I took Perry to the doctor Monday morning and ran a bunch of errands in the afternoon. I needed to get a few supplies for the sewing projects we had on the docket as well as some medication for Perry. That was pretty much the extent of my involvement in the sewing projects. Ha.
One of the projects was updating this quilt...
 Blanche made this quilt for Perry along with coordinating baby bedding/curtains. It used to say "Cheetah loves Perry", but I thought we should make it more generic so that Mills wouldn't feel left out. It is such an adorable baby quilt and I will cherish it forever!
 So happy!
Learning how to use the sewing machine
Cheetah needed to stretch and relax after sewing. Perry joined in.
Other things we (and by "we", I mean, "Cheetah") accomplished: altered/remade a jacket for moi; redesigned a little smocked bubble that had a set-in-stain so that Mills can wear it; made a matching blanket and pillow for each of the boys (Thomas the Train for Perry and a sweet patchwork for Mills); monogrammed Perry's school bag; made and monogrammed Mills' Easter basket liner; and updated the quilt I mentioned above. Phew...I think that about covers it. It was a busy few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment