Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bugs!

Perry hasn't been fond of bugs for quite a while now. Alex likes to blame me for this since I tend to over-react when I see one close to me. I like to think that Perry was just born this way and that I didn't create this problem, but I'm afraid I'm probably to blame. While out shopping for some gifts this weekend, I came across a little bug collecting kit. I instantly knew I had to get it...I needed redemption! Alex was often always outside playing with bugs when he was younger, so I knew he would be especially excited about Perry's new toy. Once Perry woke up from his nap, he and Alex went outside for their first "hunt". When Perry saw the magnifying glass, he knew exactly what to do with it, thanks to our friend "Sid the Science Kid".

 Perry was saying "Sid" while hold the magnifying glass up to his eye. Doesn't he look just like a little Sid?!?
 Alex started looking under the rocks for bugs. Under the very first rock, he found quite a surprise...
 a snake!!!
 It was just a small garter snake, but still.....ewww!!!! He found a cricket a little later. Perry thought it was so cool to see a real snake. He was a little hesitant around the bug (or should I say snake) house at first, but eventually warmed up and enjoyed going to look at it at every opportunity. 
 The next day, they let the snake and cricket go.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh I would have been so scared of that snake, even though it is small!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be screaming at the sight of that snake. Did you let it in your house? Ew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and this is why i have girls! your a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick!!! Snakes scare me to death!

    ReplyDelete