Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Big Boy Bed

We are soooo proud of Perry! He has been sleeping in his big boy bed for over a week now and is doing great! I wasn't planning to move him out of the crib quite yet, but he had started throwing lovie and paci out at all hours of the night in order to get our attention and if we left him to cry, he was starting to climb out of his crib. I'm not one to tolerate that kind of behavior, so I decided it was time for a change! It took about 2 days for Perry to get the hang of sleeping in his new bed. He no longer throws lovie and paci out and he has learned not to get out of bed until Mama or Dada comes to get him. That rule was very important to me because I didn't want him crawling out of bed to wander around the house or play with toys. We will eventually give him that freedom, but I wanted to establish some firm boundaries at first. He has quietly slipped out of bed a couple times in the past week, but he has at least stayed in his room during that time. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with how he has handled this big change. Alex and I have both enjoyed crawling up in bed with him to read books, cuddle or horse around. I really can't believe our little Perry is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment