Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5 Year Anniversary

Alex and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary on May 26th. The past 5 years have been truly wonderful, but not without some significant challenges...and Alex has been such a blessing through those times. You always hear how "a husband should love his wife as Christ loves the church." Well, Alex is no Jesus Christ, but I can say with the deepest sincerity that Alex's love has been sacrificial, encouraging, sanctifying (through the work of the Holy Spirit) and steadfast. He has certainly helped demonstrate to me what Christ's love is like. The first year we were married I broke my left arm (I'm left handed). Alex had to take extra special care of me at that time. He would even straighten my hair...and if you know how unruly my hair is, you would realize that THAT is real love! The next year we moved in with my grandmother for a little while and he had to put up with my crazy uncle who tried to make our lives miserable on a daily basis. We barely survived that, and then we got pregnant and had to live in the hospital for about 3 months. Alex slept on the pull out couch EVERY SINGLE NIGHT while I was in the hospital, fixed my breakfast and supper most every day and did countless other tasks for me while I was confined to the bed. Our 4th year of marriage was pretty normal. Our 5th year was challenging again because my pregnancy and hospitalization. This time around Alex was not only responsible me; he had Perry to take care of too. We had a lot of help, but Alex was an exceptional husband and father during that time. He's not perfect...I'm not trying to imply that, but for all that I've put him through I think it's safe to say he's pretty awesome!
My "Reasons I love Alex" list:
1. He loves the Lord and loves to share the Gospel of Christ. 
2. He is a gracious provider for our family.
3. He keeps me laughing...sometimes it's with him, but most of the time it's at him.

4. His willingness to serve me in whatever capacity needed.
5.  His commitment to our marriage and our family.
For our Anniversary dinner we went to Superior Steakhouse. We had such a nice time and enjoyed some fabulous food!
Perry wanted to join us for our pre-dinner picture

No comments:

Post a Comment