Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mom's 60th and Mother's Day Weekend

My mom turned 60 on May 16! Helen and I wanted to do something special this year, so she decided to fly home and surprise my mom last weekend. I was so anxious for Saturday to get here and for Helen to land in Shreveport. After being delayed 3 hours in Dallas, she finally arrived! We picked her up at the airport and headed to Mom's house for the big surprise. My mom thought she was babysitting for us that evening, so we had to get creative as to why we were dropping by a couple hours before she was supposed to come to our house. We dropped Helen off at the next door neighbors house and the rest of us went in to get some "sugar" and "change a diaper". When the doorbell rang, Alex got the camera ready and we followed my mom to the door. When she opened the door, she was completely shocked and just kept saying "Helen...Helen!" I was so glad we pulled it off! 
 Surprise!

That night we took Mom to Chianti's for dinner.
The next day was Mother's Day. Alex and I hosted lunch for Mom, Grammy, and Helen at our house. I decided to keep it super simple because I wanted a day off too! Lunch turned out to be just perfect--Papa Murphy's pizza, salad, and brownies with ice cream. We gave Mom her big present at lunch (a Pandora bracelet and charms).
 Alex and Perry "making" the brownies on Sunday morning
 adorable!
Helen, me, Mom, Grammy
That afternoon was the first opportunity we had for me to get a picture with both my boys...proof that I'm a mother...

We also went to see Dad and Shelia on Sunday. Perry had a blast throwing the football with Alex and Josh. 
Mom took off work on Monday since Helen wasn't flying out until early evening. Me and the boys went over there for a pancake breakfast and to hang out with Helen. We all (including Alex) went to lunch at Superior Grill. It was a fun way to spend Helen's last day.
I'm pretty sure my mom enjoyed the weekend. I know we enjoyed planning it for her. Thanks for making the trip, H. Perry and Mills loved seeing you!
Perry had fun recalling what happened at Mae Mae's surprise. When he woke up from his nap on Sunday, he was talking/playing in his bed saying, "Ding dong...A-pise!! yay!!" 

1 comment: