Thursday, June 7, 2012

Brazil vs. Mexico

Alex and I were invited to attend the Brazil/Mexico soccer game that took place at Cowboys Stadium this past Sunday. Being a former soccer player, I was definitely looking forward to the game, but I think I was more excited about the prospect of unlimited food and drinks that would be available in the suite. Is that normal? Anyways, we decided to make a day trip so that we could travel without the boys and enjoy an adult-only trip. My mom came over Sunday morning and we hit the road at 8:30. In Dallas, we met up with the group at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. The Mansion totally lives up to its reputation and I was immediately remorseful we weren't staying the night. A couple of Hummer limousines picked us up and drove us to the stadium. It was so fun to drive past all the festivities and tailgating. Mexico fans were everywhere and their excitement was contagious. It was nearly 2:00 at this point and I had not eaten lunch, so I was about to pass out. Thankfully there was food waiting for us once we got to the suite and it did not disappoint! The game was awesome too! I was cheering for Mexico (the underdogs) and they ended up winning 2-0. It was such a huge win for them. The entire program was in Spanish, therefore I didn't understand a word, so my soccer knowledge sure came in handy. We ended up leaving Dallas at 7 and making it home right at 10. It was such a fun little getaway and just what this mama needed!
They had personalized jerseys made for everyone in the team of their choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment