Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Yay for Perry!

We've been wondering when Perry would figure out how to ride his little tricycle. It has a nice handle on the back, so we've been able to push him around, but have been instructing him on how to pedal in hopes he would learn soon. Last week he completely surprised me when out of nowhere he started to ride his tricycle all by himself! It was such an exciting accomplishment and I could tell Perry was very proud of himself. It's so neat to see when your kids learn how to do something new!


Go Perry!!

other new things Perry is doing:
--asking "Why, Mama/Dada?" ALL the time about EVERYTHING.
--always sings while he's in bed. One of his favorites is the Barney theme song, "I love me, I love you". The words are actually "I love you, you love me", but I think his little rendition is perfect :-)
--getting out of his bed in the middle of the night to come see us. Sometimes he will just go sit in the sunroom and we don't even know he's up until we hear a cough or sneeze. We are in the process of working on this issue. If you have any advice, please share!
--eating broccoli now and loving it. The other night I made a pizza with steamed broccoli. Perry ate all his broccoli and wasn't really eating the pizza, so I had to say, "Eat some more bites of pizza and then I'll get you more broccoli." Alex and I immediately looked at each and chuckled because we realized how crazy it sounded to be saying that! He's not crazy about all veggies though.

No comments:

Post a Comment