Monday, March 1, 2010

Baton Rouge

This past weekend Alex and I took Perry on his first trip to Baton Rouge. A friend of mine, Lainey, got married Saturday night at Nottaway Plantation. It was such a beautiful location and we had a ton of fun! Many of my friends from PA school were there, some I see often and others I don't, so I really enjoyed catching up with them. The only downfall was that because of the circumstances Perry had to come to the wedding with us and I ended up holding him the entire time we were at the reception while he slept. Alex was disappointed we didn't get to dance, but I was feeling so guilty for dragging Perry all over the place that day and really wanted him to get some sleep. Here is a picture of Alex and me before the wedding.

When we go to Baton Rouge there are a handful of people that Alex and I must see and one of those people is my sweet friend Lindsey. She came by to see us Saturday afternoon and we had a really fun visit. She also brought Perry the most adorable wooden puppy pull toy. We spent most of the weekend with our dear friends and gracious hosts Brad and Virginia Jackson. They are expecting their first baby this summer and since it's a little boy we got to talk a lot about baby boys. On Saturday morning, I went with Virginia to register at Babies R Us. It was so fun for me because I wanted to help her out, but also because I never had that experience for myself.
Here is Virginia, Lindsey, and me. I love these girls!

On Sunday, we went to our former church South Baton Rouge Presbyterian. It was so great to see all the friends and families we cherish from our time there and we were surprised and thrilled to see how much the church has grown in members. After worship, we headed to The Chimes for lunch/brunch. How could we go to Baton Rouge and not go to The Chimes? We were so happy that our one-of-a-kind friend, Barrett, could join the four of us. Unfortunately, his wife and kiddos were out of town and unable to meet Perry. Lunch was delicious and the fellowship was even better.

I bet your wandering why Perry isn't wearing anything in the above picture. Well, let me tell you about that. He had been sleeping for a long while so when he woke up I really wanted to change his very saturated diaper. Now that Perry is older he usually doesn't pee when I change him, but on this day, in the ladies bathroom of Chimes, he decided it would be a good time to pee everywhere (2 times in fact) before I got his clean diaper on. It was a disaster to say the least!
Here is a picture of Barrett, Alex, and Brad who are looking quite happy after a couple of rounds of drinks.

Oh Baton Rouge, how we love you so! Thank you for a wonderful weekend and we hope to see you again very soon.


4 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful trip, and so sad we couldn't be there to meet Perry!!! Thanks for taking care of my husband though on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, Suzanne! I have loved reading it, and being able to get a little "peek" into your lives. Perry is SO SO adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could have been there with you guys! perry is getting so adorably big! love seeing beautiful preggers lee! katharine

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! :o) Suzanne, you are so tiny. :o) I'm jealous. And Lee!!! I haven't seen you in a while :( I am LOVING your little belly! You need a blog so I can see you!!!

    ReplyDelete