Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


This was technically my first Mother's Day, although we semi-celebrated last year when I was pregnant. A lot has happened this past year that has made me feel extra blessed to be the mother of my sweet Perry. It's interesting how on a day that is meant to be all about me, I can't help but focus and reflect on the blessing of my child. I guess that is what it's like to be a mother...to constantly turn your heart to your child. Since Perry is too young to do anything special for me, Alex made sure that the day was meaningful. I told him all I wanted was for him to cook a delicious meal for us, so that's what he did Saturday night. He did an excellent job and I so appreciated being loved in that way! Unfortunatly, I've been sick and feeling pretty crummy so as an extension of my Mother's Day gift, Alex has had to pick up more slack here at home. We didn't make it to church on Sunday, but we did go to my aunt's house for lunch where my cousin, Philip, fixed lunch for all the mothers. I thought this was kind of funny...when we walked in my grandmother asked "Suzanne, did you just wake up?", I simply responded "No", hoping to expose her motivation for asking, she followed with "Well, it looks like you did". Wow, thanks Grammy! Despite not feeling my best, and according to my grandmother not looking my best, I still had a good Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I guess "you just looked a sight." That's a some what direct quote from Grammy per her roughly three year old, oldest grandchild and the reason she claims to not wear shorts. As if a three year old uses that kind of vocabulary.
    Anyway, Grammy is great to always remind us of the obvious isn't she, haha. I'm sure you looked as best as possible for a ill feeling mama!

    ReplyDelete