Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sweet times

Wow, it must be because it's Mother's Day that my computer finally let me use blogger. I don't know what the problem has been, but I sure hope it magically fixed itself. I've been wanting to document our recent weekend trip to Baton Rouge. The reason for the trip was because I was helping host a baby shower for one my best friends, Virginia. I was so thankful to be there for the special celebration and have a chance to see so many friends all in one place. We stayed with a sweet family who I used to babysit for and had a lot of fun hanging out with them. They have 4 boys and 1 girl, so Perry fit right in with all the boys! The kids loved having a baby in the house and were so sweet with Perry. One of the highlights of the weekend was finally getting to meet little Mary Stewart and spending time with her mommy, another one of my best friends, Ashley. It was so cute to see Perry and Mary Stewart "play" together. I truly didn't want the weekend to end, however, as we were driving off I felt joyful as opposed to sad. I had just spent the past 2 days with some of the people I love most but don't see often and my heart was so happy because of it! Alex was on Daddy duty most of the time, but was able to break away Saturday night and have some fun guy time. Here are some of the faces that warm my heart...
Ashley and me with the kids just after getting to town 
    They had so much to talk about!
 Perry with the Whittingtons

Me, Ashley and Virginia and baby James
Me and Mauree with baby Brooksher
Hostesses with Virginia
Me, Joanna, and you know these other two by now
It was so good to see Joanna, ANOTHER one of my best friends!
                     Saying Goodbye....


1 comment:

  1. i think they may be in love, well i know i am at least.....

    ReplyDelete