Monday, October 3, 2011

38 weeks

Wow! This will very likely be my last weekly update. I had my cerclage removed this morning at my doctors office and it went fine. It wasn't the most pleasant experience, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Glad it's behind me now! For the last day or two, I've been feeling like labor is just around the corner. Now that my cerclage is out, I'm thinking these contractions will probably help me progress to the point of active labor. Doctor said the baby is very low today (0 station) and I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I'm starting to feel all the end of the road pregnancy symptoms too--heartburn and nausea, waddling, feeling like there's a bowling ball weighing me down, and the worst of all is my back pain. Carrying all this extra weight in the front is really taking a toll on my back and I'm sure it's worse for me since I've been on bed rest for so long and haven't had the chance to work up my strength. Enough complaining...on to more exciting things...
Alex and I went on a date to Superior Steakhouse on Saturday night. We decided to sit in the bar and have a more relaxed time. It was fun to get out and spend the evening together. We tried to enjoy every second knowing this would probably be our last date for a while.
It's SO crazy to think that we will probably be meeting our baby boy this week. I think 10-4 sounds like a good day to be born. If the baby decides that tomorrow is good for him, I would be happy. I think we are as ready as we will ever be, so we are just praying that God would bring our son into the world when He sees fit.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything Suz! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck Suz! love and prayers heading your way!!
    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking great! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby boy!

    ReplyDelete