Thursday, July 5, 2012

Firetrucks Should Come With a Warning

A neighbor called last week and invited us down to check out her nephew's new firetruck. He bought it for fun and to eventually rent out for birthday parties. Perry was so excited about the firetruck that he started running down the street. He was really enjoying it until the guy cranked it up and starting fiddling with things--it was LOUD and scary! Another neighbor was holding Mills, so I grabbed Perry for a photo op:
One second after this picture was taken, something a CRAZY happened! Water from the firetruck started blasting out of the truck and was pounding me in the back! You can see a black valve in the above picture where the water hose is normally connected and you can see how I'm standing right in front of it. The water pressure and surprise of it all nearly knocked me down. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the way safely. Perry's crocks were blown off by the water and were found about 30 feet away. I was soaking wet...and wearing a lot of white! I'm especiallly glad that no one was hurt and that Perry thought it was fun. We decided to stay a safe distance away for the remainder of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment