Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

Christmas was busy this year. It felt like we were constantly on the go between parties or family gatherings. I regret that we didn't have much time to sit back and relish the Joy that is Christmas. We enjoyed every minute of our Christmas holiday, we just needed more minutes. Alex and I decided we were not going to give each other gifts this year since we had just had some nice photography done. I was perfectly content with this arrangement, however, Alex just couldn't resist getting me a gift. On the morning of the 23rd, I opened the fridge and saw a Lee Michaels box waiting for me! I was shocked and didn't know what to think. Alex insisted that I open the gift right then. I didn't want to disappoint him, so of course I complied. I was SO excited to see a gorgeous David Yurman ring inside! I couldn't believe that I had been given such an amazing present...I was elated. That afternoon as I was getting in the shower, Perry came into the bathroom with ANOTHER Lee Michael's box. I took one look and said, "Go give that back to your Daddy, and tell him he is crazy!", assuming Alex was right behind the door. A good while after I got out of the shower, I was sitting at my vanity and Alex and Perry came in. I told Perry, "I'm ready for that box now." Alex said, "Yeah, where is that box?" I said, "Didn't Perry give it to you?" Alex replied, "No!" I think both our hearts started racing and stayed that way for the several minutes it took to find the box. Perry had put it right under the Christmas tree, and not in the fire, like we both feared. Such a sweet boy! Well, I opened that box and was again shocked to see a beautiful David Yurman necklace. This was a pretty unique Christmas for me. I feel so spoiled, but loved, at the same time. 
On Christmas Eve, my Dad, Sheila, Shelby and Josh came over to open presents. They brought Perry an electric Thomas the Train riding toy. Perry has loved playing with it and is getting better at driving it.

 PaPa, Perry, Nana
 Christmas morning started off at our house with a photo opp of the boys in their Christmas Pj's.

 Then we headed down the Mae Mae's house for breakfast and presents.

 Perry would say "Wow!!" as he opened his presents. It was cute to see his excitement.
 Everyone had a money tree in their stocking. I love how Perry is just staring at his money.
A while ago, Perry found Helen's old recorder in my mom's toy cabinet. Being the little musician that he is, he has been very fond of it. He will usually ask me to sing a song while he plays along or he will play while some other music is on. Well, my mom decided to get Perry a new recorder so that he can have one at home too...thanks mom. This is a video of Alex and Perry playing some music on Christmas morning. If you don't know my husband, this video will show you just how cool and normal he is :-) 

 Helen and Perry
 Family shot
 Helen is the best Aunt! She loves these boys like her own.
After our long morning at my moms, we went home to get dressed and let the boys nap (I had to take a little nap too) before we went to my Grammy's house for lunch and gifts.

Jeremy, Helen, Alex, Mills, Me, Perry, Mae Mae
After Grammy's, we went to Nonnie's house for gifts and visiting. Then we headed home to clean up, pack up, and go to bed since we were leaving for Denton in the morning. We are so blessed to have so many parents and grandparents who shower us with gifts and love at Christmas time. My goal for next year is to simplify Christmas and not feel like I have to be everywhere and do everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment